Recently, LinkedIn rolled out new functionalities that can be leveraged by B2B marketers to customize content to segmented audiences and expand corporate ROI. Here is a general overview of LinkedIn’s new features:
- Targeted updates enable page admins to customize company updates and deliver the most relevant content to segmented company followers
- Follower statistics, including follower demographics, engagement levels, update impressions, total following, recent followers and number of new followers month-to-month, are provided to gain insights into followers
- Restructured Products & Services page highlights the names, job titles, companies and profile images of LinkedIn users in the visitor’s network who have recommended particular products and services
- Customized company pages on multiple platforms like iPhone, Android, and iPad apps
- Ability to display a cover-style image that represents the company or brand at the top of the company page
As a B2B marketer, how can you leverage these new business profile page layouts and features to your greatest advantage?
Target audience segmentation should be efficiently leveraged to make the conversation with audiences more relevant and valuable.
LinkedIn’s new target audience segmentation allows you to segment by company size, industry, function, seniority and geography, and to include or exclude company employees, which helps to deliver highly relevant content to the most appropriate audiences. For instance, a tech company could use seniority targeting to differentiate content shared with training, senior and manager-level employees, such as operational and compatibility benefits, and content shared with VP and CXO-level executives, such as efficiency, OPEX reduction and data security.
Utilize Follower Statistics to benchmark audience engagement level.
With the comprehensive metrics and trends generated by LinkedIn, you can track follower engagement, engagement over time and demographic information. By analyzing these stats, you will have the ability to identify your brand’s influencers, measure ROI and generate more business. You can then use follower demographics to create specific updates that cater to the interests and needs of your most engaged audience.
Employ the restructured Products & Services page to increase word-of-mouth business.
Product and service reviews and ratings from credible sources are vital to enhancing your company’s viability and reputation. LinkedIn offers a new, revamped Products & Services page that curates recommendations from the professionals in your audience’s network. Moreover, the Products & Services tab makes it easier for your visitors to see your company’s compelling offers such as free trials, webinars, company events, tester products and more. YouTube videos can also be embedded into this page to educate users about products and enhance interaction with your audience.
Extend the brand’s reach through pushing mobile and tablet-optimized content.
Company pages on LinkedIn can now be viewed on iPhone, Android and iPad. A recent MarketingSherpa survey reported that 64 percent of business decision makers regularly browse the Internet using mobile devices. As a B2B marketer, you should create a mobile-friendly company page on LinkedIn to effectively reach out to more businesses.
LinkedIn is becoming increasingly valuable to B2B marketers. What do you think about these new updates? How will you leverage these new features to maximize your company’s profits? Please share you comments and thoughts below.